Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

My Book Reading List for 2012


I thought it might be fun to copy Money Saving Mom (http://www.facebook.com/#!/MoneySavingMom) over on FB and post a list of the books I intend to read this year. It's only 24, so I'm sure I'll read more than that, but I wanted to be a bit more intentional about what I feed my mind this year. I tend to pick up whatever catches my eye on the new arrivals shelf, or whatever someone gives me, and I don't proactively look for books that apply to a certain area of my life. So I thought her idea was a good one to keep me on track with the goals that I have set for myself this year. These are in no particular order and I'll pretty much read them as I can find them at my library, on eBay or at the COAS which is the local used book store here in our town.

  1. You Can't Make Me, But I Can Be Persuaded
  2. A Deeper Kind of Calm: Steadfast Faith in the Midst of Adversity
  3. Rekindling the Romance: Loving the Love of Your Life
  4. The 3 R's
  5. Between a Rock and a Grace Place
  6. One of Us Must Be Crazy...and I'm Pretty Sure It's You
  7. Grace for the Good Girl
  8. The Simplicity of Homeschooling: Discover the Freedom of Learning Through Living
  9. Satisfy My Soul: For I Am Desperate for Your Power
  10. Eats, Shoots and Leaves: A No Tolerance Approach to Punctuation
  11. The Husband Project: 21 Days of Loving Your Man--on Purpose
    and with a Plan
  12. The Marriage Project: 21 Days to More Love and Laughter
  13. Erasing Hell: What God Said About Eternity and What We Made Up
  14. Whispers of His Power
  15. The Shelter of God's Promises
  16. What Women Fear
  17. Don't Make Me Come Up There!
  18. Crazy Love
  19. Jesus Freaks: Martyrs
  20. Large Family Logistics
  21. The Grace and Truth Paradox
  22. Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman's Guide to Finding Contentment
  23. 168 Hours: You Have More Time Than You Think
  24. America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money

Phew! I can't wait to dig in to some of these. I'll be looking up my first set when I head over to the library on Thursday. I'll keep you posted on my progress and which ones are worth reading!
~K~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...