Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Monday, June 3, 2013

It's the Little Things

I've discovered as I make this journey through life that it's not the huge things that make or break your day, week, month or life. It's the little things. So in honor of the little things, list a few with me that made your day, week, month or life brighter or sweeter. 
  • It's having Dan home to enjoy all the company we've had the past few months.
  • It's summer camp for the Little One while the BIGS are away at camp so Mama has a few minutes to herself each day this week.
  • It's having boys BIG enough to pack for themselves, but being kind enough to allow me to pillage through their bags to make sure (for myself) that they did it right.
  • It's leftovers on a night when I'm too tired to cook.
  • It's Hercules fixing the little things that go wrong at the house without me asking him. 
  • It's A/C on a hot day (well, that's a BIG thing, I suppose *grins*)
  • It's Sonic Happy Hour 1/2 price drinks while I'm taxiing boys around town on a 100*+ day
  • It's a library study room all to myself while DT is at camp so that I can blog in peace and quiet. 
  • It's looking at your house and thinking that it is SUCH a mess, and then getting it tidied up in just a short time.
  • It's walking through your home with new eyes and being reminded of how truly blessed you are, no matter the square footage. 
  • It's amazing friends and great family surrounding you, whether that is in person, through snail mail, email, blogs, texts or social media.
I like the idea of this style of post. If you like it too, add your little things! I'm making it a goal to focus on the positive this year...Join me!

1 comment:

Maureenie said...

You this is so hard for me to find the little things I like about my tiny cottage! But here goes!
It's finding a new way for storage, that I didn't think of before!
Having the " Dish" ( TV) turned off, and finding things to do, like baking brownies, trying a new recipe, or working on a baby quilt.
There's more, I know, but this is a start for me!
Thank-you Kristy, you always make me see things in a different light..... Even my tiny cottage I am seeing it in a new different light, that I am liking!
~Blessings to you and your lovely Family!
Rhonda~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...