Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Catching UP with Us MeYeR's



Catching up with the MeYeR family is a hard thing to do. Most of the time, we're so busy, we can't even catch up with ourselves. *sigh* (as Jen Hatmaker would say, "For the love of Barnum and Bailey!")
We are working on scaling back, but it's a challenge. I've read Jen Hatmaker's book "7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess" so many times that I nearly have it memorized, but putting it into practice in our hectic lives is proving to be more challenging than I had hoped. Sometimes I feel like Lucy from the Peanuts comic strip hollering, "Stop the world, I want to get off." And most days, I know that this is just a season of my life and that someday soon I'll be an empty nest-er, or only have 1 at home and I'll be so lonely and bored that I'll be longing for this insanity that is currently my life. But at this exact moment, I can't even imagine being lonely or bored, and quite frankly, the idea sounds lovely. So, we're continuing to work toward simplicity wherever possible and hanging on for dear life everywhere else. Mom has been great at helping not only pick up my slack (and there is plenty, I assure you) but in helping and encouraging me to find new ways to simplify.
~Less is more.
~Less is better.
~Less is of higher quality.
So we've been decluttering like our lives depended on it. We've packed the first several boxes for our upcoming move. (more on that in another post) And I'm feeling good about those changes. I've actually had time recently to even have a conversation or two with Handsome Hercules, without one or both of us running in opposite directions. We've got a good ways to go, but progress is always something to be appreciated and applauded. As we head into the 2 busiest seasons in our life (the holidays and gymnastics seasons) it is good that we've scaled back some. We're running the boys hither and yon less. With a few notable exceptions, my routine at work has calmed down. Mom has taken over the dinner shift, and while I miss cooking for the family everyday, I do enjoy eating at a reasonable time so that there is a little family time before DT gets shuttled off to bed. We're signing up for things at church and the gym that we can do as a family instead of one parent always being gone and the other at home with the kiddos.
Apparently the 2 hardest-headed people are finally learning a few things. Guess that means if we can do it, so can you. :) So hang in there friends, there IS light at the end of the tunnel, and it's NOT an oncoming train.
In other news,
~We are still house hunting, but have one picked out that should have an offer on it before the end of the week. We were hoping to pull off a move before Christmas, but that's not looking good, so possibly right after the new year rolls around.
~My nephew Jayson will be here by the week's end to stay with us for 6-8 months while he gets a job and saves money before his lovely lady can join him down here in the Land of Enchantment.
~We are rapidly approaching the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death, so if you have a minute, please say a prayer for my mama. She's a trooper but she still gets sad sometimes.
~Dan nearly lost his thumb in a work related accident a few weeks back and it is healing beautifully. He never even missed a day of work. Praise the LORD!
~Dan is currently between jobs. Looks like he will be going back to Wooten in just a few days, but if any of my local friends have a small job they need done this week, he's available.
I think that's all the big news right now. I'll keep you posted :)
     As always, thanks for reading this and sharing our journey. Lost Boys, Mama K misses you like crazy.
       ~K~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...