Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY: March 18, 2015

Outside my window...it's a lovely spring day. Trees are budding, flowers are blooming and the birds are singing.

I am thinking...that a full morning to play with and update my blog is just shy of Heaven.

I am thankful...for a week off of work to regather the tattered remnants of my sanity, to soak up some quiet, to hang out with *just* my family, and to read read read.

In the kitchen...we are in the middle of a pantry challenge week and here's the line up:
  •  Monday: leftover buffet which included milet mignon, grilled chicken and pork roast, seasoned rice pilaf, jello, mashed potato biscuits, fresh veggies, salad, 3 different soups, hard boiled eggs and no bake cookies. And one of my family members actually commented that there was nothing to eat. Craziness ;)
  • Tuesday: Salad bar complete with mixed spring greens, spinach, croutons, cucumbers, shredded carrots, bacon bits, olives, 2 different cheeses, grape tomatoes and 3 dressing choices.
  • Wednesday: Red beans and Rice with Smoked Sausage
  • Hamburger Helper Stroganoff  (thank you, 10 for $10 sale) 
  • Friday: Game Night Veggie Tray, with chips and dip
  • Saturday: Homemade pizza and popcorn
  • Sunday: On the road for a gymnastics meet 3.5 hours away
I am wearing...my pjs. At NOON :) Did I mention hurray for a week off?!

I am creating...this blog post, and then some lunch for my boys.

I am going...nowhere since David has borrowed the van. And I'm totally ok with that.

I am wondering...how a house can so quickly become HOME. We've lived here 7 weeks and there are only 2 boxes left, and it feels like we've been here forever already. It just feels right.

I am reading...nothing yet today, but I downloaded several goodies on my Kindle for this week and I'll be digging into them as soon as I eat lunch.

I am hoping...that my children have as fond memories of being at home as I do of having them at home.

I am looking forward to...the rest of this week off, Rachel's arrival tomorrow, a successful gymnastics meet for David on Sunday, and for an upcoming week of field trips during Rachel's stay with us.

I am learning...that I am much too hard oh myself and my children and not nearly hard enough on pretty much everyone else. I'm working on balance this year.

From the learning rooms...Not much yet this week, as we've been interrupted approximately eleventy billion times. But we've managed a BrainPop movie of the week, some reading aloud from Farmer Boy, several brain games and worked together in the kitchen inspecting the progress of our science experiments, cooking dinner and hosting company. I had intended to pull off a full week of school (including curriculum studies) but with the coming and going this week, it's just not happening, so I am adding a bit of educational content where I can and just being ok with that.

Around the house...there are many things to be done like dishes, organizing the bills and cleaning all 3 bathrooms, but I've claimed today as my do-what-I-want day, so I've been ignoring the chores while I've blogged all morning, and will read all afternoon and possibly even put DT to bed early and watch a movie BY MYSELF, uninterrupted while the BIGS and Dan are at church this evening. And the glory will roll. ;)

I am pondering...the contents of my drawers and closets. Much of doesn't fit well, and even more is unattractive, dated or shabby. It's time for a true purge and possibly a few new (to me) pieces that are more flattering.

A favorite quote for today...
“Jesus, may there be less of me and my junk and more of You and Your kingdom.” I will reduce, so He can increase.”
Jen Hatmaker, 7: An Experimental Mutiny Against Excess

One of my favorite things...My "Southern Gospel Greats" station on Pandora

A few plans for the rest of the week: Relaxing, visiting with Rachel, attending David's meet in Rio Rancho, reading, playing games with the family and enjoying Game Night.

A peek into my day... 
The delightful sting of stars that Dan hung up for me on the patio to enjoy late night chats.



If you've enjoyed this post, and you also enjoy the simple things, take a peek over here to see more daybook entries and to join the fun!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...