Featured Post

The Best Thing I've Heard All Week

     A brilliant friend of mine called her new boyfriend a 'gentleman savage' on Facebook this week, and it struck a chord in me. It...

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

June 2015 Goals Update


It's early in July, so it's time for a June update. Sorry I missed a few months, I'll have to see if I can go back and piece together a little something something. ;) Life happens, y'all. Even when the goals of the year are to simplify, streamline and enjoy life as never before. Hang on to your hats, here we go!
Personal Goals:
~Losing 20-25 pounds this year with portion control, walking/elliptical/cardio 3x per week, WATER every day and more veggies. (No real weight loss yet, but my clothes fit better and I'm getting stronger)
~Writing a letter a week. At least (39 letter written to date. I OWN this one!)

~Read a book a week. A book for me, not a read aloud with the kids, or an educational book, or a book I feel like I *should* read. A book that I want to read, for personal pleasure or a how-to book on a topic I am interested in reading. (I totally fell off the bandwagon here and am now trying to catch back up)

~At least once a month, do something just for myself. Take a trip to Starbucks to blog, get a massage, say no to an 'obligation' so I can goof off, go to the movies by myself, take a walk, browse the bookstore without the grabby monkeys with me, etc. Things that keep me centered, and able to co-parent the Man Crew and live this crazy life I love. (I've been visiting with friends this month as my ME time, and I'm loving it)
Spiritual Goals:
~Read through the Bible in a year (In progress)
~Be active in our BREAD group on Facebook (trying to post/comment every few days.)

~Be more proactive/mindful in my prayer life (yes!)
~Get more comfortable saying, "How's your walk with Jesus this week?" And, "How can I pray for you today?"
(yes!)
Couple Goals:
~Read a book about marriage 3 times a year (Yes!)
~Go on an actual date with Dan every 8 weeks (Yes!)

~Re-read The 5 Love Languages and become fluent in Dan's language.
(I am currently ordering myself a new copy since I lent to to a friend and never got it back)
Financial Goals:
~Stay on top of the bills (yes)
~Create an emergency fund of $1000 (Every time I get to $200 something happens. But, I'm grateful I had something saved up. I WILL get this done!)

~Complete the 52 week money challenge (Nope)
~Keep our grocery budget at $150 or lower each week, which will be a trick with our current household size of 7.
(Did a pantry challenge for the entire month of June and kept my grocery cost at less than $75 a week. Oh yeah!)
Schooling Goals:
~Finish the year on time...don't get bogged down by every little distraction (Done! Just summer camps and reading these days)
~Find ways to keep DT's interest instead of just slogging through the work each day (YES)

~Help D figure out what he's doing this school year (No comment)
~Encourage P to continue to be self motivated to get school done. He's managing his own schooling this year. I'm really pleased!
(DONE for the year)
Family goals:
~Reinstate FAMILY game night, not just 'everyone' game night. I'm missing homemade pizza and just my family around the game table. (Managed it twice this month)
~Watch less TV and do more activities together outside. (yes)

~Spend some one on one time with each child every week. (YES)

Overall, not too bad this month. I am pleased with my progress. It helps to have this to look out on the days where everything goes out the window, we eat out because I didn't have time to shop, let alone cook dinner, and I can't remember the last time I looked at a book. Thanks for keeping me accountable!
    ~K~

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...